Welcome to the Doodles of Cypress Family!
We are a close-knit family of 5. Charlie and I are college sweethearts that met at Texas A&M in 1997 and 5 years later started to grow our family which resulted in 3 sons and a Heavenly Daughter. Charlie and I are proud members of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2002 and 2000, respectively.
Charlie soon realized shortly after meeting me that life with Jennifer meant life with furry four-legged companions.
He immediately embraced this new lifestyle and soon we adopted our first furry child - Bailey's Irish Cream, a Great Pyrenees pup.
Bailey was soon joined by Justice, a mix between a Mastiff and a Rottweiler. This was our first introduction to mixed breeds, as all my life I have owned pure-bred dogs.
My grandfather, who was a veterinarian for over 60 years, encouraged further exploration into hybrid breeds as they have what is termed "Hybrid Vigor," or also known as heterosis. The term hybrid vigor in dogs describes improvements in form or function as a result of crossbreeding, often resulting in healthier, more sound, and longer living animals.
Here we are, years down the road, making our home in Cypress, TX raising a happy & healthy family consisting of human children and four-legged ones.
We take our breeding program very seriously and put our hearts, souls, blood, sweat, and tears into it. It is essential to us that every single puppy we send home with a family will have an equally full, joyful, protected, and enriched life -- just as their parents do.
Training, love, attention, and regular exercise are essential to owning an animal companion. Make sure you are ready, willing, committed, and financially able to commit to bringing one of our pups into your home.
We are here to support our Doodles Of Cypress Families throughout the process and for years to come as when they take one of our pups home, they are also taking a little piece of us with them. We commit for LIFE to our puppies after Go-Home.
1. PLAN LITTERS. Have a goal, focus, and mission. Do not overpopulate, only meet demand with supply.
2. PARENT STANDARDS. Breed only health, temperament, and structure-tested parents. Do not overbreed or breed dogs that fail to meet these standards. Choose breeding pairs that accentuate each other in health and temperament.
3. PARENT CARE. Honor & respect your dams and sires at all times to keep them healthy and happy. Provide a safe, enriching environment with high-quality vet care, living quarters, food, etc.
4. PUPPY CURRICULUM. Provide a structured curriculum to ensure that puppies learn the world is safe, people are kind, and dogs are friendly.
5. PUPPY DEVELOPMENT. Guide, shape, and mold puppies based upon critical learning periods, constantly evaluating and adjusting, to strengthen confidence, nerve strength, and startle recovery. Empower pups to be the best they can be. Do not enable them.
6. PUPPY EVALUATIONS. Evaluate puppies after 49 days old and provide information on all puppies to clients to ensure the best match is made. After clients have reviewed all veterinarian health check records and Badass Breeder temperament records and videos, then and only then let clients choose the puppy that best suites their needs as well as the puppy's needs. Guide and help as needed, even if that means you make the match.
7. LIFETIME RESPONSIBILITY. Take 100% responsibility for every puppy you produce for the entirety of its life and provide a minimum two-year contract. Most genetic issues do not develop in the first year of a dog's life, so be fair.
8. CLIENT COMMUNITY. Educate your clients, both new and old, and build a cohesive, active community. Be open to feedback, both positive and negative.
9. LOVE. Love your dogs, love your puppies, love your clients, and change the stigma. Be "badass" or stop breeding.
10. YOUR MISSION. Stay True to the reason why you breed. Help others and make sure you have fun and enjoy the journey! Let's change the world and heal hearts and save lives through the power of a dog. Together, we are better.
~ The Ultimate Badass Breeders Guide, Jeanette Forrey, 2020.
We take great pride in the care we give our Dams. During whelping we are fully present, helping when needed, silent witness when not. Our Dams know and can feel in a very real palpable way that we truly love them and they are our family. In the picture above you see our middle son, Jackson, literally serving as Sadie's Doula while she is whelping a litter. Shortly after this, he delivered the first born of Hamilton Litter.
Our pups receive ENS (early neurological stimulation), ESI (Early Scent Introduction), and confidence challenges, all following the Badass Breeder (BAB) curriculum. Around day 52, pups are evaluated by us for temperament using the BAB curriculum and we are able to give our families that have put reservations fees down more information about available puppies that would be good matches for them.
We are a busy household so please bare with us and allow 48 hours for us to return your call or email. For the most part, Sundays are reserved for Church activities and rest. Thank You for your understanding!
Cypress, Texas 77429, United States
09:00 am – 05:00 pm